I enjoying eating and many times when we reminisce about trips, we remember what special dishes we ate and where. Does anyone else do that?
Anyway, Blogger Daughter sent me a list of the top bakeries in the world. I think she sent it because many times Blogger Hubby and I will seek out bakeries to buy things for our breakfasts or lunches as we travel. In fact, we found a great one close to where we were staying in Sydney called “Bread Works” that had the most sumptuous bread ever – delectable breakfast buns, meat, veggie and cheese filled rolls for lunch. Bread so soft it could float off my tongue. I can still taste it.
This list comes from Buzz Feed. How many have you been to and will you try to go to some of these on your next trip. I know that when we are in Copenhagen in September, we will be looking for #5 – Conditori La Glace. I didn’t know about this bakery before and now it is on my list of things to do, see and taste.
Anyway, here is their rankings:
1. Dominique Ansel Bakery, New York City. The Cronut, need I say more?
2. Tatte in Boston.
3. Pâtisserie Sadaharu Aoki in Tokyo and Paris
4. Demel, Vienna Blogger Daughter was there a few years ago and she had a difficult time deciding what to try. We’ll be there next spring and I’m anxious to try it as well.
5. Conditori La Glace in Copenhagen I’ll report back in the Fall about this bakery shop.
6. Du Pain et des Idees in Paris. According to the article, this bakery has the best croissant in Paris
7. Czech Stop in West, Texas Well known for its kolaches
8. Pasticceria Marchesi in Milan
9. Bakerbots in Toronto Their specialty is their handcrafted ice cream sandwiches in many unique flavors
10. e5 Bakehouse in London
11. Bourke Street Bakery in Sydney
12. Gagou de Paris in Jerusalem
13. Tai Cheong Bakery in Hong Kong
14. Conditorei Schober in Zurich
15. Pastéis de Belém in Belém, Portugal
16. Tartine in San Francisco
17. Konditorei und Cafe Buchwald in Berlin
18. Hafiz Mustafa 1864 in Istanbul. I’ve had the best baklava in my life in Istanbul mainly because they use pistachios instead of walnuts.
19. Boulangerie Guerin in Rio de Janeiro
20. Macrina Bakery in Seattle
Have you been to any of these bakeries?