Occasionally a great deal will come our way. Last year for 2 days only, I received 100,000 miles from American Express. Those miles took Blogger Hubby and I to Hawaii in Business Class seats with 40,000 miles left over for a future trip.
Now Citi is offering a similiar deal – you can earn 100,000 American Airlines miles with a $10,000 spend in three months. This offer comes with the following benefits:
- $200 in statement credits — earn $1 in statement credits for each $1 spent on purchases within the first 12 months of membership.
- Admirals Club membership (a membership value of up to $500)
- Earn10,000 Elite Qualifying Milesafter spending $40,000 in purchases each calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Earn two AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, including US Airways codeshare flights booked on aa.com
- Priority Boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases
- Your first eligible checked bag is free
- SmartChip technology Expert Concierge Service
- $450 Annual Fee – not waived but with the $200 statement credit it will help offset this expense
You will notice on this page, which will take you to the application page, that it asks for a referral code – you can leave it blank.
Remember that US Airways and American Airlines are merging so more routes would open.
I know that you might be put off with the $10,000 spend but my plan is (yes, we got this card yesterday) to buy Vanilla Reloads and pay my mortgages with them and then pay my credit card that I used to get the VR’s with the money that is in the bank that I was going to use to pay my mortgage. Between paying bills, grocery shopping, and even paying for federal/state taxes with my credit card.
Is this something that you are planning on applying for – if yes, I’d recommend doing it sooner than later. Great deals like this do not last long.