Have you heard of the Veterans Advantage card? This is relatively new to me and the benefits are really good. For a yearly fee of less than $5 per month, you get access to many discounts. Currently there is a promotion of 20% off your membership.
From their website, some of their benefits are:
- Benefits Plan with Valuable Insurance & Services: $50,000 in Global MEDEDVAC and $5,000 in Accident Insurance coverage at no extra charge for the full term of membership, plus a prescription drug discount plan accepted at 55,000 pharmacy locations nationwide, free Club O from Overstock, a complimentary personal financial planning package ($500 value), and VIP Concierge and travel assistance benefits from Travel Guard, the leading provider in travel services.
- Immediate Benefit Access: Benefits Plan coverage and member discounts nationwide provided immediately upon enrollment to honor you and your family for your service 365 days a year.
- VetRewards Card ID: Personalized with name and branch of service and sent by First Class Mail and — accepted at more than 100,000 participating locations for member discounts.Member benefits available online and by toll-free phone.
- Printed Member Benefits Directory: Complete 60-page printed color directory covering your benefits plan and member discounts sent by First Class Mail.
- Family Member Discounts: Add up to four family members to your member plan for HALF PRICE and they get your benefits plan insurance and other savings too!
- Personal Attention to Member Needs: Toll-free dedicated support plus online help for member assistance whenever you need it.
- Extra Bonus for New Members: Get a 30-day trial for a low $4.95 enrollment processing fee, or select from special offers for new members only – click here.
- Flash & Save Big: The VetRewards Card is nationally recognized at thousands of retail stores — including Verizon Wireless company-owned stores nationwide for 15% off monthly voice and data plans, and 25% off in-store accessories
But what I like the best are the discounts with many of their partners, some of which are:
United Airlines (5%), AMTRAK (15%), Avis (minimum 5%) Thrifty (5%), Lufthansa (5%), Dollar Rental (5%), Wyndham Hotels (20%) and so many more discounts. I just chose a few of the travel discounts.
Click here if you are interested in taking advantage of the Veterans Advantage 20% off promotion. This is for active duty and retired military personnel.