A new partnership, merger or marriage, whatever you want to call it has recently taken place among two of my favorites. United Airlines and Marriott have joined forces and and have unheard of travel benefits for both. This new partnership is called RewardsPlus and you have to register in order to take part in this partnership.
The Nitty Gritty
For Marriott Elites
If you are one of the Marriott Elites (Platinum or Platinum Preferred) and do not have any status with United then you will be given by United Airlines Silver status. Silver status gives you
- Complimentary access to Economy Plus at check-in (when available);
- Complimentary Premier Upgrades (when available);
- Premier Access priority airport services;
- One complimentary standard checked bag (50 lbs.);
- 25% Premier bonus award miles on United flights
For United Gold or high Elites
You will now enjoy (after registration) Marriott Gold status will gives you
- Lounge access and breakfast at select Marriott locations
- Room upgrades
- Complimentary Internet access
- Priority late check-out
- 25% bonus points and much more (editorial comment – they don’t mention what “much more” is)
Enhanced Miles And Points Benefits Coming Soon:
- Convert Marriott Rewards points to MileagePlus miles at a 20% discount.
- Receive 10% more MileagePlus miles when you book the trip of a lifetime and redeem for a Marriott Rewards Travel Package–up to 12,000 more miles
- All MileagePlus Premier members can convert their MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points at a 1:1 ratio, up to 50,000 miles per year.
Even if you do not stay at a Marriott very often or fly United, sign up for the promotion. You will never know when you might find yourself in a Marriott hotel or have to take a quick trip on United.